Wednesday, February 08, 2017

I am in a state this afternoon. I just read something that made me want to vomit, and I have that heavy and nauseous feeling, that comes from despair.

I read this article:

GOP Congressman Insists White Terrorist Attacks Are Totally Different

Rep. Sean Duffy (R-Wis.) also pointed to “the good things” that came from the shooting of black churchgoers in Charleston, South Carolina.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sean-duffy-terrorism_us_589a081ce4b0c1284f28854c

I am finding myself using this phrase again and again: In ANY other administration, this comment would have been grounds for at least censure and possibly impeachment of this Congressman. At the least, there would be outrage, and his constituents would be calling for his removal. HOW HAVE WE COME TO THIS?

The Southern Poverty Law Center has this list for 2016, that shows what a liar, and a creep Duffy is:
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2016/year-hate-and-extremism

From the article:
"There have been zero fatal terrorist attacks on U.S. soil since 1975 by immigrants from the seven countries listed in Trump’s executive order. The order restricts travelers from those countries from coming to the U.S. for 90 days, prevents refugees from all countries from entering the U.S. for 120 days and bars Syrian refugees indefinitely."

I served 26 years in the military, through several presidents and administrations, some of whom I did not agree with, but this makes me ashamed of my country.

No comments: